SEATOLAND (MED)

1

 

 1

2med

3seat

 

4seat

5seat

6seat

7seat

8seat_2

PROJECT SEATOLAND

Subject

It’s a program that studies the accessibility and interconnection of the ports with the hinterland. The total program amounts to 1.663.000,00€ and is financed under the terms of MED European Program of the Objective "European Territorial Cooperation", taking up 75% of the total amount by the European Union.

Objectives
The project involves the development of strategies and action plans with the aim to improve the accessibility and better connection of ports with the hinterland through infrastructure projects and networks constructions that embed environmental actions in port activities.

Actions and costs
Piraeus Port Authority S.A., through its participation to the Program, will develop strategies that aim at linking the port of Piraeus to the city. The Investment Plan includes the extension of the Cruise Port in order to meet the increasing traffic. The large number of passengers requires finding new methods and routes to link the port with the city. In that direction it will be studied the improvement of existing connections (metro, buses, etc.) but mainly the construction of new in port transport infrastructure such as
monorail. For Piraeus Port Authority S.A. the budget amount is 200.000,00 €, 75% of which is covered by European Union funds and the remaining 25% is covered by national counterparts.

Project  Partners
The project partners are:
Seville City Council (lead partner), Spain
FEPORTS, development of Valencia Port, Spain
La Spezia City Council, Italy
Livorno Port Authority, Italy
Temi Zammit Foundation, Malta

Birgu Local Council, Malta
Piraeus Port Authority, Greece

Program Duration
The program started on June 1, 2010 at the headquarters of the lead partner and will end on November 30, 2012.

Links: 

www.seatoland.eu 

www.programmemed.eu  

PROJECT

SEATOLAND

PROGRAM

MED Program 2nd call

 

DURATION

01/06/2010-30/11/2012

PROJECT DESRIPTION

Connection between harbors and hinterland

The integration of coastal and hinterland, based on accessibility, can be a key factor in the completion policies for coastal areas. The project develops strategies for strengthening areas by improving accessibility with interventions on regional infrastructure, and also with the reaction of systems in which environmental resources are integrated with territorial functions.

PROJECT’s BUDGET

1.663.000,00€

PROJECT’s PARTNERS

Seville City Council (lead partner), Spain
FEPORTS, development of Valencia Port, Spain
La Spezia City Council, Italy
Livorno Port Authority, Italy
Temi Zammit Foundation, Malta

Birgu Local Council, Malta
Piraeus Port Authority, Greece

PPA’s BUDGET

200.000,00€

FUNDING

25% of the total amount of PPA’s budget is funded by national counterparts and the rest 75% by community resources

PPA’s BUDGET analysis

-          Staff                                               90.000,00€

-          Fixed-Equipment                         12.000,00€

-          Supplies                                         10.000,00€

-          Trips                                                10.000,00€

-          Services                                          12.000,00€

-          External experts                            61.000,00€

-          Promotion                                        5.000,00€

TOTAL                                           200.000,00€

 Press Release of 4th SEATOLAND meeting