Piraeus Port Authority SA (PPA SA) provides high quality, efficient and safe port services and contributes to local and national economy by achieving sustainable growth.
It provides the link between the Greek islands and the mainland and with its ongoing investment plan aims to be established as the most important HUB, Logistics, Cruise, Container, RoRo center and Ship Repair Zone in the East Mediterranean.
PPA SA applies an Integrated Quality, Environmental & Energy Management System in compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 50001:2018 standards.
We are fully committed to:
- meet our customers' needs and expectations,
- prevent pollution and mitigate any adverse impact our operations may have on the environment,
- continuously improve our energy performance,
- reduce energy consumption and emissions related to our activities,
- reduce our environmental and energy footprint,
- enhance the use of alternative energy types and further consideration on the deployment of new infrastructure
- design new processes and procedures, facilities and activities and renew or upgrade our equipment while considering energy performance improvement opportunities,
- set quality, environmental and energy efficiency criteria for procurement of products and services which may have an impact on the provision of quality services and our environmental and energy performance
- allocate all the necessary resources and information support for the achievement of quality, environmental and energy objectives,
- comply with our applicable legal and other compliance obligations, including those for the environmental and energy management,
- raise awareness among our staff and other interested parties with regards to our environmental and energy performance,
- enhance the effectiveness of the applied Integrated Quality, Environmental & Energy Management System.
Our priority is to continuously improve the standards of services provided along with our environmental and energy performance.
Therefore, we set quality, environmental and energy objectives that we continuously monitor and review.
Our performance and objectives' achievement are communicated both externally towards all the interested parties and internally within the company for the awareness of all staff.
We invite all interested parties to participate in our efforts.
Chairman of PPA SA BoD